Chaifetz Arena / Saint Louis, MO / October 12-14, 2018
Hacking for Good
GlobalHack – in partnership with Casa de Salud, The International Institute, The St. Louis Mosaic Project and the Immigrant Service Providers Network (ISPN), among others – will host a hackathon to reshape the experiences of foreign-born individuals and communities. During the hackathon, participating teams of all levels will work collaboratively with industry experts to build tools, apps and platforms to improve experiences for foreign-born individuals in St. Louis and beyond. Technologists, students and creatives from around the world are invited to participate! GlobalHack VII will be held October 12-14, 2018 at Chaifetz Arena, on the Saint Louis University campus.
GlobalHack VII Schedule
- 3:00 PM Participant check-in begins
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Team Formation
- 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Opening Ceremony
- 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Friday Dinner
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM "Innovation within Foreign-Born Communities" Panel Discussion
- 10:00 PM Participant Check-In Closes
- 1:00 AM Team Registration Deadline. Each team will need to create a profile on DevPost and add their team members by this time.
- 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Saturday Breakfast
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Saturday Lunch
- 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Saturday Dinner
- 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM Sunday Breakfast
- 8:00 AM Pencils down, final projects must be submitted via DevPost
- 9:00 AM Project Expo / Judging Begins
- 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM Sunday Lunch
- 1:30 PM Project Expo / Judging Ends
- 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM Closing Ceremony
- 4:00 PM Event Closes, Participants Dismissed
Let's talk about the prizes...
A total of $100,000 in cash prizes will be awarded at GlobalHack VII. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams in the following divisions: Youth, College, and Pro.
Best Team Spirit Prize
A prize of $2,500 will be awarded to the team that displays the Best Team Spirit. Team costumes or uniforms, posts to GlobalHack Facebook and Twitter accounts, and offering to help beginner teams are all fantastic ways to win points in this category.
Prize Total: $100,000
1 S Compton Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63103
3411 Olive St, St. Louis, MO 63103
Before booking, call 314-977-4411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, mention you’re in town for GlobalHack VII and you’ll receive 10% off your stay.
From Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
- Lyft/Uber $30 estimated fare, may not be available directly from airport.
- Taxi $40 estimated fare.
- St. Louis MetroLink* $4 one-way if leaving from the airport.
* Get off at Grand stop and hail an Lyft, Uber or Taxi if you are headed to the venue. Most of our partner hotels are located within a few minutes of Chaifetz Arena.
A limited supply of domestic travel reimbursements will be made available for participants traveling from outside of St. Louis to the event:
- Outside of Greater St. Louis Metro Region (more than an hour outside the city): Up to $100 per person
- Outside of Missouri: Up to $250 per person
If you are interested in applying for a travel reimbursement, please contact email@example.com.
VISA Letter Requests
Visa letters are available upon request to registered attendees with confirmed travel. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Full name
- Country of citizenship
- Country of residence
- Dates of travel to the US